Home About Contact Blogroll Image Map

10.26.2013

A Letter to Everybody

I've had this post mapped out on my computer for a few days now and I decided that now is the right time to post it.

I really didn't have the intention for this blog to wind up being a personal diary, but I'm afraid that's what it's becoming. My life is boring and I suck -- that's nothing to write about, isn't it? I didn't want this blog to become two things: whiny or angry. It annoys me to know that that's exactly what I'm doing right now, even if those two descriptors are perfect words for my personality.

If I could be honest for a second, I'm just a very angry person and anger doesn't translate very well to a fashion/lifestyle/whatever-this-is blog. I'm not talking punching walls or blowing up at Dunkin' Donuts employees (who could probably beat me up anyway), but a pure, cynical outlook on everybody and everything. I originally started this blog with the intention that I was going to be as sweet as pie, wrapped in a cute, little, PR-friendly bow for public consumption and that I would be a nice girl from the ghetto with a middle-class, suburban mentality. Needless to say, that's not who I am and that all goes out the window as soon as I go on to Twitter or anywhere else on the Internet. I'm already disliked due to my loud mouth and strong opinions and I haven't even posted all that much on here. 

I find myself writing a post or planning an outfit only to completely scrap it because I know how closely it will be criticized and it's all my fault. I feel like I'm too much of this or too little of that and it's not a good place for my mind to be. Public blogs aren't for the faint of heart. I jumped into this all too quickly. I finally found a place where people would actually listen to me and gave me the time of day and actually made me believe that I was worth something. Without planning it out, this blogging thing kind of backfired in my face. 

The person who I am now isn't the right person to have her thoughts or outfits plastered on the walls of the Internet for all to see. Maybe once I've grown up a little and experienced life a little more, I'll come back and write publicly again if you guys will still have me.

To all the people who were rooting for me, I'm sorry that I didn't live up to expectations or didn't post on here all that much. I'm hoping that in the near future, I can start posting on here again, be myself, and have something good come out of it.

1 comment:

  1. Take your time, Nichole--I'm sorry if anybody has been giving you a hard time about blogging (or anything else). I'm glad you gave it a try, and I hope that your other pursuits come to something good.

    ReplyDelete